The Library at Waratah Campus is a welcoming and dynamic information centre that supports the recreational as well as the curricular teaching and learning needs of our whole school community.
Our library is open every school day between 8:30am-3:00pm, with students welcome during recess and lunch.
Students have access to a wide range of resources in a variety of formats designed to inform, engage and entertain. There are library computers (with internet access via student's Department of Education login), books, audio visual resources (students are asked to bring their own headphones), cards and board games.
Students can borrow up to 4 items at a time for 2 weeks. They can also access the Oliver (My Library) catalogue from any networked computer.
Our library provides students the opportunity to access a free online homework assistance program, My Tutor and other free services through Newcastle Regional Public Library system. Students need to fill out and return the Newcastle Library Membership application from in order to access these services. This form is available from our school librarian.
Printing services are available from library computers at a small cost.
Our Library Aims
- to support students to become active users of information and ideas
- to empower student to become independent, lifelong learners
- to acknowledge and support the varied learning styles of students and provide them all with the necessary tools and skills they need for academic success.
- to foster self-esteem and creativity in a positive and supportive environment
- to provide a welcoming, engaging learning environment for members of our school community.
- encourage reading and appreciation of all literacy types